Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Well, I am just days from my 31st birthday.  I am so thankful that I've survived this long on Earth, but... there's always a but... I'm still not pregnant. I still have no children and I'm starting to think I may not ever have one.

Another friend just had her first child and I still have... two dogs.  This really sucks.  My mom was a young mom and I always made fun of the kids with old looking parents.  If I ever have a kid, I will BE one of those old looking parents.  How sad, right?

I asked the hubby if I could get a third dog so I'd feel like I have a new baby, but he said no (ha!).  It's okay though.  I'll celebrate the positives of not having children on my 31st birthday.

1. I don't have to hire a babysitter
2. I can have a nasty hangover and not have to worry about taking care of a young child
3. The husband and I can walk around naked all day long, without setting a bad example for a child:-)

I may not have everything I thought I'd have by age 31, but if the Lord allows me to make it to my big day.  I'm going to doll myself up and enjoy it.  I AM HAPPY TO BE ALIVE.

Cheers to life:-)


No comments:

Post a Comment