Monday, May 6, 2013

Ramblings...

I just have to get this off my chest.  I was so frustrated with my RE because I felt that she didn't properly explain my plan for IVF.  My Husband and I were blindsided when she told us we were doing a "freeze all" after the egg retrieval.  We thought we were going for a fresh cycle.  Heck, at one point she told us she wasn't even sure we'd have enough embryos to try to do PGS.  Worst case, she was just going to put in whatever she got.

This month away from the process has given me some time to think.  When I was stemming, I prayed that God would help my doctor make the best decision for us.  When she made the decision, I acted a damn fool all the way up to the baseline ultrasound for the frozen embryo transfer.

But maybe it was all part of a plan because we would have had our transfer May 3rd.  Well, things were definitely too hectic at work for me the week leading up to that day.  I was so thankful I didn't have to deal with the FET.  May 4th, we had to say goodbye to our beloved Pet.  It was all just too much.

Now, I'm not thinking about obstacles. I am making an effort to push them all away and focus on each day, each moment and #finishing. ....And trying to convince my RE to let me have three embryos.  Just saying...

2 comments:

  1. It's interesting how we pray for these things then act out in hindrance to what we've prayed for. I seem to find myself doing that frequently and have to step back and say ok sorry God and let him take over. I'm so so sorry for the loss of your beloved pet. My husband and I have been through it and it's a very difficult thing, my heart goes out to you.
    I'm totally on board with the transfer of 3...after struggling...we'll take all we can get :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This infertility battle is crazy, right?!
      Thanks for your thoughts about my Missy. She was great furry-kid

      Delete